Monday, January 18, 2010

No cavity Susan will strike

Unfortunately, I had to return home to SC this long weekend for the dreadful dentist appointment on Monday. Somehow, being away at college has prevented me from attending any of my teeth cleaning in the past year and a half. When I finally went after new year's, the doomed news is that I have cavities!
So I go in today, and my doctor has all sorts of things about him posted everywhere in the office, his diving certificates, flying permits, some kind of doo black belt. I feel like he is very overworked and would enjoy doing any of those things than look at one more tooth again. Nonetheless I let the overworked man fix my teeth. On one side of my face he went to town on the novocaine and that side of the face including my eye was numb for about three hours after; on the other side, somehow he decided to save some for the next patient, and I could feel my tooth crying when he was drilling on that side. All in all, it was a very unfortunate experience and I wish to never endure that again; not to mention that South Carolina sucks at any kind of medical insurance and I had to pay 300 dollars and probably more later on.
But I have decided, I will brush my teeth until my hand is sore because I will not allow any more of this nonsense.
Driving back was pretty fun, it was a beautiful day. And eating Kentucky beef jerky and singing Celine Dion and Ashlee Simpson songs in the car with my Dad is an experience that I would recommend to anyone. Then I took him to the pit, which later my friends asked if I really hated my dad that much to take him there. But he said he didn't really have that kind of college experience in China, and I think he really enjoyed it. I think I'm over that teenage phase where I refuse to be seen doing anything with the person that I share genetic information with. Now that I'm over it, I enjoy getting to him as a person rather than someone who was ordering me to clean my room and study for the SAT.
That's my little rant for today, 29 pages of history reading will not start by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment