Saturday, August 21, 2010

High Tea at the Victoria Room

I was very excited to hear that Australia is the number 4 country in the world for drinking the most tea. I came to the right country! I mean I guess I could've gone to England or Ireland but the sunshine in Australia is quite addicting. And of course being a crazy tea fiend, I had to do high tea.

Time for High tea! Very dimly lit room but a very exotic and mysterious feel.


The High Tea menu although I thought they could do better than the white tea cups and stainless steel teapots. Maybe next time I'll bring my own tea cozy to dress it up.



The sugar "mis" cubes are just too precious.

Tea Sandwiches: Chicken and Wild Herb was my favorite. And the Salmon with Watercress on wheat bread was so delicious. Very delicately made. I'm glad it wasn't just some piece of ham slapped onto pieces of ill shaped bread.
The dessert selection. Oh goodness. I wish these were like ten times the size. I normally really don't like cheesecakes, but these mini ones were very creamy and awesome. The chocolate mousse in chocolate cup along with raspberry on top dusted with confectioner's sugar was a work of art. The red velvet cupcake was pretty normal, but who doesn't like red velvet cupcake? Oh my roommate, ha. Um the strawberry tart had a very delicious cream cheese filling. I hoped for little tiramisu cups or something but these definitely fit the bill.

The scones. They were pretty normal scones. The creme fraiche with scone was unbelievable though. I want to eat that thing by the spoonful.

A wonderful tea time experience with Jo!! and we ended it with glasses of sparkling wine! Perfect afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment